Join us for some summer fun!
Unfortunately the Bear Mountain Hike with NSANYS will be postponed. Stay tuned for further updates. Thank you.
The Nursing Students Association of New Yorker State (NSANYS) wants to feature your accomplishments! Accomplishments may include, but are not limited to: your school's mentoring programs, your local chapter's breakthrough to nursing projects, community health events, fundraisers, your personal nursing research, and awards! Your accomplishments will be featured on NSANYS' website and social media.
NSNA Nashville Update
The Nursing Students' Association of New York State (NSANYS) won two awards at the NSNA 66th Annual Convention in Nashville.
- WINNER'S WAY AWARD- Awarded to state associations for an increase of 1,576+ members as of February 7th, 2018.
- STATE EXCELLENCE AWARD - NY was awarded a beautiful Nightingale Lamp; judgment criteria includes largest percent increase in membership, most population and global health projects entries, most breakthrough to nursing project entries, most health policy and advocacy entries, most image of nursing award entries, most ethics and governance Award entries, most members pre-registered for Convention, highest percent of potential constituents, most financial excellence award entries.
- SUNY Plattsburgh Student Nurses Association for Resolution #20: CONTINUING NURSING EDUCATION FOR NURSING FACULTY
- 2017-2018 NSANYS Resolution Committee for Resolution #30: INCREASING EDUCATION ON WAYS TO DONATE THE HUMAN BODY TO DECREASE MISCONCEPTIONS
- SUNY Stony Brook University for Resolution #35: IN SUPPORT OF EDUCATION ON ANIMAL-ASSISTED THERAPY FOR PHYSIOLOGIC AND PSYCHOLOGIC HEALTH BENEFITS
- Hunter-Bellevue School of Nursing for Resolution #47: IN SUPPORT OF EDUCATING UNDERSERVED COMMUNITIES ABOUT BRCA 1 AND 2 MUTATION GENETIC TESTING
Upcoming Leadership Events:
- NSNA's Summer Leadership Conference - Friday, July 27, 2018 from 8:30AM-5:00PM. Location: Mt. Sinai Medical Center in NYC.
- NSANYS Council of State Leaders (COSL) Meeting in Albany, NY- October 20, 2018. Location: Albany Capital Center.
- NSNA's 36th MidYear Career Planning Conference in Louisville, KY - November 8-11, 2018.